The French authorities have arrested Albanian couple on Sunday in relation With Nice terrorist attacks that killed 84 people last week, the spokesman for the Paris prosecutor’s office told CNN.
31-year-old Mohamed Lahouaiej-Bouhlel drove a truck 20 tons through hundreds gathered to watch the Bastille Day fireworks on Thursday night on the waterfront of the Mediterranean city.
Spokeswoman of the anti-terrorism prosecutor,Agnès Thibault Lecuivre, did not provide details on the couple’s connection to the terrorist attack.
The French authorities say six people are in custody in connection with the attacks. Bouhlel’s ex-wife was arrested at her apartment on Friday and released Sunday morning without any charge, her lawyer, Jean-Yves Garino, told CNN. Garino said the woman, the mother of Bouhtel’s three children, had not been in contact with the perpetrator since they were in the middle of divorce proceedings.
Bouhlel was shot by police after he has barreled down the huge crowded Promenade des Anglais for nearly a mile, crushing and hitting people who had gathered to watch fireworks. More than 200 people were reportedly injured.
The French Authorities identified the attacker by fingerprints after his ID card was found in the truck.
culled from: CNN News