The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) is closing in on former minister of petroleum resources, Mrs Deziani Alison-Madueke as her Dubai mansions were uncovered.
The former minister who served during the administration of Goodluck Jonathan has been in the United Kingdom receiving treatment for cancer and has not been in the country since President Muhammadu Buhari took over power in 2015.
According to Sahara Reporters, the 2 mansions are located at AJ5 Emirates Hills and E146 Emirates Hills and are valued at 74 million Dirham which is about $20m.
Meanwhile, damaging evidence allegedly indicting Mrs. Diezani, the former minister of petroleum was submitted by the EFCC to the UK.
Mrs Diezani was accused of misappropriating funds from the account of the Nigeria National petroleum Corporation (NNPC) and also benefitted from the Malabu oil scandal.
The Nation reports that an inventory of Deziani’s assets was submitted to the UK to facilitate her prosecution.
The assets include:
- “A block of 6 unit service apartments on Awolowo Road, Ikoyi, Lagos.
- 6 units of terrace flats in Yaba, Lagos.
- Twin four-bedroomduplexes in Lekki Phase I , Lagos
- 2 duplexes in Banana Island, Lagos
- A duplex in Asokoro District, Abuja
- A mini-estate in Mabushi, Abuja.
- A set of 12 terrace duplexes at Omaremi Street, Port Harcourt.
- A large expanse of land at Oniru, Victoria Island in Lagos.
- A multi-billion Naira estate in Yenagoa, Bayelsa.
- 2 apartments in Dubai marked as J5 Emirates Hills (30million Dirham); E146 Emirates Hills valued at 44million Dirham
- A hotel in Port Harcourt under investigation.
Recall that Mrs Deziani Alison Madueke slammed the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) for alleging that she stole $153 million from the till of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation, NNPC.