MANCHESTER UNITED make the short trip to Goodison Park to take on a Toffees side (Everton) in a poor run of form.
EVERTON will look to get their season back on track when Manchester United make the short trip to Goodison Park.
Ronald Koeman’s side are really struggling at present but will hopefully welcome back James McCarthey to the fold.
Seamus Coleman is a doubt for the home side, whilst Muhamed Besic is a long-term absentee.
Rooney will definitely not feature after picking up a 5th yellow card of the season in the EFL Cup win over West Ham.
United are also light at the back, with Chris Smalling and Eric Bailly both out with foot injuries – and Luke Shaw not expected to be fit after limping off at Old Trafford.
11 Facts To Know About Everton And Manchester United
- The Toffees have won three of their last four Premier League games against the Red Devils at Goodison Park (L1); this after winning just three of their previous 20 in the competition beforehand.
- Everton have lost four of their last five meetings with Manchester United in all competitions (W1), with the most recent of those defeats coming in the FA Cup semi-final last season.
- Manchester United has won at Goodison Park on 15 occasions in the Premier League; at no other away venue have they won more often in competition history.
- After winning 4 of his first five Premier League matches with Everton (D1), Ronald Koeman has won just once in his last eight in charge of the Toffees (D3 L4).
- No duo has created more chances for each other in the Premier League this season than Paul Pogba and Zlatan Ibrahimovic (16).
- Wayne Rooney has scored just once in his last six league games against his former club, though this was in this fixture last October.
- Zlatan Ibrahmovic now has seven Premier League goals this season for Manchester United; more than twice as many as any other Red Devils player (Mata and Rashford – three goals).
- Everton have outrun their opponents on just one occasion this season (vs Swansea); a league-low.
- This is Manchester United’s worst start to a Premier League season after 13 games, collecting just 20 points.
- Romelu Lukaku has played for Everton on six occasions in the league against Manchester United without scoring; his most against one team without finding the net for the Toffees.
- Yannick Bolasie has more PL assists for Everton this season (4 in 12 apps) than he managed for Crystal Palace since the start of last season (3 in 27 apps).