The National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) management has finally released the timetable for the 2016 Batch B stream II orientation course for graduates who have been waiting patiently since the 2016 Batch B Stream 1 left the NYSC camp on December 14, 2016.
NYSC has now released the timetable for the 2016 Batch B stream II orientation course. The statement from the NYSC released on its official website on January 16, 2017, reads thus:
“The NYSC Management wishes to inform prospective Corps members and other stakeholders that the 2016 Batch ‘B’ (Stream II) Orientation course will commence on Tuesday, 24th January 2017.
“The lineup of activities for the course is shown below:
– Online Printing of Call-up Letters Starts on 19th Jan, 2017
– Collection of Call-up Letters from Institutions (for PCMs that did not Pay) Starts 20th January, 2017
Stream II Orientation Course commences on 24th January, 2017″
Below is the full timetable for the entire 2016 Batch B program:
- Display of list of all approved programmes for institutions on NYSC portal for cross checking and feedback 14th – 21st September 2016
- Collation of Prospective Corps Members’ Data by Corps Producing Institutions CPIs 12th – 30th September 2016
- Submission/Uploading of Senate/Academic Board Approved Results for Full/Part-Time Graduates and Revalidation Lists by CPIs 6th – 11th October 2016
- Uploading of Corrected Lists by Corps Producing Institutions 11th – 14th October 2016
- On-line Registration by Foreign and locally Trained Nigerian Graduates 17th October – 12th November 2016
- Entertainment of complaints from Prospective Corps Members by the state Deployment and Relocation officers and NYSC Help Lines/Desks officers. 17th October – 12th November, 2016
- Forwarding of Complaints to Mobilisation Department by State Deployment and Relocation officers 17th October – 12th November, 2016
- Deployment and Printing of Call-up Letters by ICT Department 14th – 19th November, 2016
- Notification/On-line Printing of Call-up Letters/Delivery of Call-up letters to Institutions 21st – 24th November, 2016
- On-line Printing of Deployment Disposition by Corps Producing Institutions CPIs 21st – 23rd November, 2016
- 2016 Batch B Stream I Orientation Course 24th November – 14th December, 2016
- On-line Printing of Call-up Letters Starts from 19th January, 2017
- Delivery/Collection of Call-up Letters to Institutions (those that did not pay) Starts from 20th January, 2017
- 2016 Batch B Stream II Orientation Course 24th January – 13th February, 2017
NYSC also attached this instruction:
“All are also to note that original copies of academic credentials and other documents uploaded during the online registration MUST be presented on camp for physical verification.
“In addition, all Prospective Corps members MUST present a medical certificate from a government or military hospital showing their health status before they will be registered and admitted to the Orientation course.
“Management wishes prospective Corps members safe journey to their respective camps as well as a successful Orientation course.”
Meanwhile, as regards the unpaid allowances for December 2016 for the NYSC members, the management recently released a statement, which says in part:
“The management regrets not being able to meet up with the expectations of Nigerians. They revealed that the Ministry of Finance and the office of the Accountant General are working hand in hand to know the causes of the delay and make payment as soon as possible.”