Acting President of Nigeria, Professor Yemi Osinbajo, has assented to seven bills passed by the National Assembly.
The bills are:
- Defence Space Administration Act.
- Veterinary Surgeons (Amendment Act).
- Oath (Amendment) Act 2017.
This was confirmed by the Senior Special Assistant to President Muhammadu Buhari on National Assembly Matters, Senator Ita Enang.
Other bills signed by Osinbajo are:
- Mortgage Institutions Amendment Act.
- Nigerian Institute of Social Science (Establishment ACT).
- Pension Rights of Judges.
- National Film and Video Censors Board.
Senator Enang explained that the Acts, other than the Defence Space Administration Act and Institute of Soil science were mainly Amendments to the Principal Act.
Osinbajo has been acting for President Buhari since January 19.
Buhari is currently on medical vacation and is expected to return shortly.